Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Microsoft to hand out free Office 365 subscriptions to iPad owners . . .
    Microsoft finally took the wraps off of its long-awaited Office for iPad suite this morning, only to reveal that most of its functions require a $99 subscription to the Office 365 service. Even though you can get a discounted subscription through Amazon, $70 may seem pretty steep. Rest assured, Microsoft is planning to offer free one-year subscriptions to the service tomorrow.
    Microsoft to hand out free Office 365 subscriptions to iPad owners in retail stores tomorrow !!

Be one of the first 50 people to bring in a iPadŽ starting Friday 3/28 and Get Office 365 free for 1 year*
    So who is next to or got a Windows Store in their neighbourhood ?? Go and jump in line for Free Office 365 and then become stuffed once it runs out. You get it for free, then become locked in (like Adobes CC) because if you don't pay afterwards, you won't have access to your 1st years worth of Documents lol

FARCE !!!!
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Hey Brent....

I'm here right now sitting in front of my local Target store with my iPad waiting for them to open in the morning so I can get my free subscription!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    So who is next to or got a Windows Store in their neighbourhood ?? Go and jump in line for Free Office 365 and then become stuffed once it runs out. You get it for free, then become locked in (like Adobes CC) because if you don't pay afterwards, you won't have access to your 1st years worth of Documents lol
    You still have access to your documents (as far as I can tell) and, as a student, $1.67/mo is worth it if that gets me constant updates and new versions for free.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Microsoft to hand out free Office 365 subscriptions to iPad owners in retail stores tomorrow !!

FARCE !!!!
    Do you have a link to where it says you won't be able to access your documents?

I don't see why everyone is in an uproar about MS Office for the iPad. It offers full compatibility that other apps do not, and my Office 360 subscription at $0.28 a day makes it a no brainer.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 128GB Verizon iPhone 7 Plus | 128GB iPad Pro LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
    Do you have a link to where it says you won't be able to access your documents?

I don't see why everyone is in an uproar about MS Office for the iPad. It offers full compatibility that other apps do not, and my Office 360 subscription at $0.28 a day makes it a no brainer.
    There is no link, but I meant your Documents will be Read Only as they are now, before you get the free 1Yr Subscription.

I think we are all allowed to uproar over the Subscription, as for me in in Aust its $120/yr

Adobe had to give in and dropped their Photography Bundle to PS CC and LR to $9.99, but I do realise now that even with Adobe, you still have your Docs in Behance that when you finish with them, can import to other such Apps like Pixelmator and GIMP.
    But $120/yr to make and edit documents When Pages/Numbers/Keynote is now free . . No thanks
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    I don't think there is any doubt that MS Office for the iPad will be best for those who need 100% compatibility. I'm not particularly fond of subscribing, but I will admit for some it may be the most economical way especially if you own more than one device.

As far as I know, MS is still committed to releasing Mac Office 2014 later this year, however, I suspect it and the Windows version (Office 2013) will be the last of the regular releases of Office.

Thread Information