Specs:
    27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
    AirDrop Stopped Working
    Updated both my iPhone 5s and iPad 4 to iOS 7.1 yesterday and it appeared everything went well.

Today I tried to AirDrop a photo from my phone to my iPad but now neither device will recognize the other. Near as I can tell all settings are properly configured. Both devices are sitting next to each other and about 2 feet from my Airport Extreme so I can't understand what has changed other than updating the iOS.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated. Am I missing something basic.

Thanks
    A humble but excited Mac Novice

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I had to reset my iPhone and iPad to sync over WiFi after updating both to iOS 7.1.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I only had to connect mine via USB to iTunes The setting was already set to sync via wifi in iTunes - but as soon as I unplugged it, it worked again.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I only had to connect mine via USB to iTunes The setting was already set to sync via wifi in iTunes - but as soon as I unplugged it, it worked again.
    That's what I meant. I had to do the same thing - that is connect both my iPhone and iPad to iTunes. As a matter of fact, after the update on my iPad I received a notice from Apple to do that very thing. For some reason, I did not receive the same warning on my iPhone.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Am thinking once you connect it, it has that "Trust this computer" window pop up on the iDevice also that you have to approve.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
    I tried all of that and no change. I'll keep working at it but if anyone can think of any other possibilities I'd appreciate it. If I do get it figured out I'll be sure to update.

Thanks!

Specs:
    Okay, I don't know why but all of a sudden it decided to work. I was able to transfer a photo from my iPhone to my iPad. They recognized each other immediately and there were no issues. Not sure what changed but the only thing I did was restart both devices. Maybe that was all that was needed. We'll see if it lasts.

Thanks again for the advice guys!

Specs:
    iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 4 and iPhone 5c
    Thumbs up AirDrop Stopped Working
    Good solution to restart devices. Until today, my iPhone 5c and iPad 4 had been sending photos back and forth, but suddenly could not. Restarted both, and instantly they recognized each other and successfully transferred pictures. Back in business!

Thread Information