New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

an update problem???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

Just updated both iPhone and iPad to IOS 7.1
It seemed to go flawlessly, but now something is different with iTunes.
I backup both devices to my computer instead of iCloud. Both can sync via WiFi.
When I would open iTunes, I would see both devices listed and was able to sync from there w/o having to attach cable.
Now that the update is done, the only device I see when nothing is connected is the iPad. iPhone will only show is I have the cable connected, although it does not have to be connected to computer, it shows when connected to battery charger.
Why would I now only have iPad showing with no physical connection and not both, as was the case before the update?
Just wondering.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

A glitch that happens to me sometimes restarting iTunes usually resolves it although on one instance I had to turn the iPhone off and restart both iTunes and the phone.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I stand corrected in order to do a wireless sync after iOS 7.1 is installed you need to connect via USB and answer TRUST on your pad/phone screen concerning the computer that its attached to then it should sync wirelessly after that or it has for me.
QUOTE Thanks
tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

Soon after I posted my original question, both iPhone & iPad showed as devices in iTunes without any cable attached to computer or charger. Just checked and the situation is still both showing.
Now, if only Airdrop would work as smoothly
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't share Instagram photos to Facebook | Mute/Volume icon keeps appearing »