New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Streamlining email on IOS devices

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

My primary email address is a POP account through my ISP. I also have LIVE, GMAIL & of course, ME accounts. When viewing email on my iMac, using MAIL, I naturally am able to filter out ads, etc with JUNK filter, but on the IOS devices, each day I have to delete lots of junk. I decided to use my LIVE account to collect my pop mail and let this be my only IOS mail account and have that account filter the junk before it gets to IOS, but that doesn't happen. New junk doesn't seem to be filtered. If I view and add emails to junk on on iMac first, it does move items on IOS, but I want something that will filter out junk when the first device I look at in the morning is my iPad. Does gmail do a better job at this? I did create a new gmail account just for the iPad/iphone, but haven't configured it yet. I still plan to use the POP account on my iMac as my primary email account
QUOTE Thanks
ferrarr

ferrarr has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2011 15" MBP Quad 2.2 I7 OS X.9 16GB 240GB SSD & 500GB (no Optical drive)

The way I set it up, is, I use the mail on my iOS device for my icloud email. I use gmail app for my gmail account and I use the hotmail app for my hotmail account.

I believe, IMAP is what you want to use to sync email across devices.
QUOTE Thanks
tape

ferrarr,
Yes, imap is what I do want. I am trying to get 1 that will let me access email either on iPhone or iPad, but it will filter junk before it get to IOS device
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you use the gmail IMAP protocol, it will filter out all the junk prior to getting to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. Their junk filters are among the best.
QUOTE Thanks
tape

chscap, thanks for the input. I think I will go with gmail
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost 'authorization' of MBA to iTunes, etc | Transfer app to computer »