New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Music files download in iPad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nashh

Nashh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Hello folks,

New years's greetings to all ! Is there any other way to download music files in the iPad iTunes other than using a laptop ?

My MacBook OS is very old and is unable to connect iPad through iTunes.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You can download music from the iTunes store directly to your iPad, including past purchases.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Thanks mrplow,

Actually have songs on the iTunes macbook which I need to transfer it to the iPad. Your option can be availed but it is chargeable. Is there any other option which i am unaware of ?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, little confusion with you saying 'download'.

Have a look at Sharepod

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Also, just for info. The MacBook in your specs is capable of running the latest version of iTunes and connecting to iPad. It could do with a ram upgrade but it's more than capable

QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashh View Post
Thanks mrplow,

Actually have songs on the iTunes macbook which I need to transfer it to the iPad. Your option can be availed but it is chargeable. Is there any other option which i am unaware of ?
Well, just one (likely of several) suggestions other than following Mrplow's advice to upgrade to the latest iTunes and use a cabled sync operation.

I own the AirStash - a little device that sets up its own personal Wi-Fi network and exchanges files (photos, music, video - can stream, also) using SD cards, i.e. music could be loaded onto the device from a laptop and then streamed or downloaded to an iPad - will cost a few bucks but check out the reviews in the link and also search for the manual online which is excellent. The Apotop Wi-Reader is yet another choice. Good luck - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Can upgrade to 10.6 for $20.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Thanks Dave & Bobtomay,

That device looks cool, as for upgrading OS I am looking to replace my lappy sooner or later. So just didn't feel like putting a penny into it.

Which is why I am looking for alternatives to transfer music files. Just guessing that air stash device is only good for iOS, if I choose to buy anything other than Apple it may not work ?

Anyways really appreciate your time and reply.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashh View Post
Thanks Dave & Bobtomay,

That device looks cool, as for upgrading OS I am looking to replace my lappy sooner or later. So just didn't feel like putting a penny into it.

Which is why I am looking for alternatives to transfer music files. Just guessing that air stash device is only good for iOS, if I choose to buy anything other than Apple it may not work ?

Anyways really appreciate your time and reply.
Well not sure about using the AirStash on other platforms - like I said there is an app on my iPad - if interested, you'll need to check their website and/or manual to see if other non-Apple options exist. Dave
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Loss of data in Notes | Help Manage iCloud Songs\Videos! »