New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

OK Im done, What is my Bonjour Username and Password !!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Ive tried everything i know, (which isn't much) but i have used computer-name.local, short-name.local and i still can't connect.
I have a App called ShutterSnitch, that when i take a photo on my Nikon, using the Eye-Fi X2Pro, the images get transferred directly to my iPad, and into the App ShutterSnitch.
Now this has a lot of features, and if i want to transfer them to ShutterSnitch on my iPhone, it uses Bonjour to do so.

I have looked, tried, googled and this is my last charge to find out the username of my Bonjour, that i suppose is the one for my Mac, as both iPad Mini and iPhone are on the same Network as my MBP ?? Any ideas

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

You need to connect with the iphone equivalent of computer name. If you have file sharing turned on, it should show up as Brents iphone or whatever you named it. The password, if any, is your login password on the phone. Not that sure about iphones as I don't have one but that's how it works with computers.
Same thing with ipad etc. You need to turn on the equivalent of file sharing.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
hugtheslug

hugtheslug is a jewel in the roughhugtheslug is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / MacBook C2D 2.13GHz / iMac G5 iSight 1.9GHz / iMac G5 1.6 GHz / Pismo G4

I reckon if you started bluetooth on the iPad you should be able to see it's name when you search for it from your Mac.

Cheers

Hugh

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Warning - this user has only a little knowledge
QUOTE Thanks
dbm

dbm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2011, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Mavericks

I use Bonjour to access the virtual file structure of GoodReader on my iPad / iPhone from my MBP. The URL is devicename.local:8080 where 'devicename' is the name of my iPad or iPhone. I don't need to use a password to connect with GoodReader.

I'm not sure, but I think the port number might be specified by the app?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
You need to connect with the iphone equivalent of computer name. If you have file sharing turned on, it should show up as Brents iphone or whatever you named it. The password, if any, is your login password on the phone. Not that sure about iphones as I don't have one but that's how it works with computers.
Same thing with ipad etc. You need to turn on the equivalent of file sharing.
Hey Craig. Mate i tried exactly what you had said, but no Joy. I tried both names of both devices that show in iTunes, and put in the 4 digit lock code, and the only other shortish password i would of used and nothing. Still says Not Connected. . . . This thing has a forum so ill be back with a answer from the Dev hopefully

Unless you have anything else Thanks for trying mate.

EDIT : WOW I actually just worked it out. When setting the App up, it gave me a username (default) or snitch and i had to give a password as well, so i tried that and it worked, from App to App. Thanks again craig, it took me 2 days then it just sort of clicked lol

EDIT2 : Why you are there mate, can you give me a reason why when i input a command into Terminal, and then asks for my password, and i enter my admin password, it outputs Sorry Try again ??

This has been happening i suppose ever since i have put a SSD in my Optical Drive Bay, and use it as my main Startup Disk, and then i push most data, images, iTunes Media to the 750GB that was in it, still running Mountain Lion. Im running the latest Mavericks on the SSD, and when ever it asks for my Password, like when i tried using Terminal to put Mavericks on a Thumb Drive, i had to go the other avenue because i couldn't get past the password issue. . . . cheers Craig

Code:
Last login: Sat Nov 16 12:32:36 on ttys000
TattooedMac-MacBook-Pro:~ tattooedmacs2ssd$ sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

I'm assuming you're inputting your login password? Check your capslock. You're not using any reserved characters like '/*$' etc? You ARE logged in as admin right?
Shouldn't have changed.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Everything i have done is correct. Im in MY Admin account, i put in MY Admin password, no CAPS, and I'm bemused about it all mate.
As a stated above, I'm in Mavericks, on my SSD that i put in my Optical Bay Drive, my 750GB MBP Drive is still with ML on it, I'm the Administrator on all of them, and I'm about to put OS X Server for Mavericks on my SSD and I'm worried something is going to pop up because of this password issue in Terminal ???!?!?!!!?!?!

Is there anything i can do in Terminal to see if or whats up with it ??

EDIT OK i think i know what was happening, i was inadvertently putting a space before i typed in my passwords my palm, thumb touches the trackpad every time i put it in, so it did work but I'm sure that wasn't the reason, because when i tried the other day, i lifted everything off and typed it in . . Anyways it works for now i think, until i need another sudo command
Thanks mate

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upswipe on iOS 7.0.4 | iPad timer app that overrides the auto-lock »