New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Updated Ipad 4 to Ios 7.02 from Final Beta Version and it is making me restore but I

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jrb_hockey

jrb_hockey is on a distinguished road

Howdy All,
So I have a school issued, Ipad 4 with wifi and I was running my version of the Apple Beta Developer version software on it. (It was a legal version, I bought developer, I didn't torrent it.) After last night, I turned it on, only to discover that it was required logging me to do some sort of activation to it because I hadn't updated and the beta ran out. I brought it home, logged in to the AppleDeveloper Portal, and then I downloaded the latest version of iOS7 (7.0.2) onto it. (Note , I did the same exact exact thing on my iPhone 5 and it its working fine now. ). Anyways, after downloading int for my iPhone 5, I downloaded the iPad version and hit option and then the Software Update and chose the correct file. Everything was going ok, and the bar was around 99% of the way installing when it gave me an error message that it could not be updated, (I think error 6 or something like that) and then prompted me to unplug and replug my iPad back in. I did so, and now it is asking me to restore now. I have tried using Dr.Phone, Tinyumbrella and Recboot to take it out of recovery mode, and tried using iFunbox to take files off so that I could save the important documents off of it, but nothing is working, it keeps telling me to restore. I have extremely important notes on the iPad that have not been backed up because I couldn't back up in Activation Mode .Please, help me try and get out of recovery mode using some software/help me but I don't have a recent backup recovery and will lose a lot of important files.
Thanks so much
Here's the link to the error I got
iOS: Troubleshooting update and restore issues
iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting
Thanks wonderful people of Mac Forums
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video problems on iPad 4 after upgrading to IOS 7 | iOS7 on iPad »