Ios 7 - Contacts change
    When adding a new contact, in IOS 6 you could put the company name in, save it, then edit it and put the person's name in. It would save it under the Co name. I am finding in IOS 7, it automatically saves it under the person's name no matter how you enter it. Is there a work a round to this?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    I don't quite follow.

If you enter anything in the company name field it stays there and that's what appears in the contact list
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    In iOS 6, if you enter a company name only and add it to the contacts it's listed under the company name.

If you then edit that "company" and add an individual, that contact remains listed by the "company" name in the contacts list - not the individual.

This is not the case with iOS 7.
    That "company" contact is removed and is listed only by the individual's name.
    iOS 7 will not leave a company name in the contact list after adding a person's name to it.

Not good - I have a lot of vendors and I need the vendor listed in my contact's, not the particular individual of the month (or year) that is working for them.

I have found a couple of work arounds - both are a pita if you happen to be talking to a vendor and want to add their "company" to your contacts and at the same time have their name associated with that company. It cannot be done in iOS 7 that I've found so far.

1. If you still have an iOS 6 device - you can add it in that device by the old method and it will sync to the iOS 7 device properly based on the "company" name.

2. Add the contact in the "Contacts" app on your Mac - placing a check in the 'Company' box. This will also sync to your iOS 7 device properly.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    you could just add the contact name(s) to the notes section

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Just found a 3rd way.

Don't need to close out and then go back in like we did in iOS 6.

While adding the company - scroll down to 'Add related name'

You can not only add a name, but you can add a custom label, as so:

Attached Images Attached Images
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Good find, loads of stuff hidden away in those fields.

You're right BOBTOMAY, that works which is what i have to do but am wondering why it was changed. It took me a while to figure out how to make it work in iOS 6 and it was pretty simple. I will use your third way for now. Thanks.

Thread Information