New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Moving ipad photo app photos to PC using dropbox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lclev

lclev is a jewel in the roughlclev is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Early 2011, i7, 16GB mem, 1TB HD; MB Air 13", Mid 2013, i5, 4GB mem, 250GB HD

Hello!

My boss has an iPad 4 with iOS 7.02. She has about 200 photos she took with the photo app. She wants to move them to her PC. My first thought was to install dropbox but moving photos taken with the photo app to dropbox seems to be impossible. She is wanting the photos to automatically to her PC.

I am PC savy but a relative newby with iOS so any help will be greatly appreciate.

Lisa
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Give these directions a try. You can also use iTunes for the transfer. Video has no sound.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

Mac Specs: MBP 15" Early 2011, i7, 16GB mem, 1TB HD; MB Air 13", Mid 2013, i5, 4GB mem, 250GB HD

Thanks! I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Lisa
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I realize it doesn't use Dropbpx but it is about as automatic as it gets. The iTunes version in the video isn't for the most recent one but the process is the same.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I keep a cable plugged in and just use Picasa on my Windows machine at work for importing job site pics I take onto it. Allows you to name the folder (thus keeping them organized if you just want to use Windows Explorer) and delete only imported pics (or not).

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
arthur30

arthur30 is on a distinguished road

I found these steps on Apple forum see if it can help you

Quote:

1. Without connecting your iPad to your computer -

A) Install iTunes / make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed.

B) Go to the Store tab and click on "Authorise This Computer".

C) Go to Edit, click on Preferences and click on Devices. Put a check mark in the box next to "Prevent iPods/iPhones/iPads from syncing automatically". Click OK and close iTunes.

2. Connect your iPad to your computer -

A) Start iTunes (if it does not do so automatically).

B) Right click on your iPad under Devices in the left column. Select "Transfer purchases".

C) When the transfer has completed, right click on your iPad again and select "Backup".

D) When the backup has completed, left click on your iPad, click on the Apps tab, and put a check mark in the box next to "Sync Apps", and then click on "Apply" (bottom right).

E) Unless you want to always do a manual sync (as I do), go back to Edit, Preferences and uncheck the box next to "Prevent your iPod.....".

F) Finally, on your iPad, check that everything is syncing properly. If not, go back to iTunes and check all settings.
or you can try the tutorial given here

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...your-ipad.html
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

It's also worth considering Photo Sync

It's a $2 app for your iPad with a free desktop companion app for Mac and PC.

It will automatically transfer photos once the PC and iPad are on the same network. It also keeps track of what's been synced before and will only sync photos new since the last sync etc.

I've been using it for a while now and it works flawlessly.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Nice one mrplow. Since I just moved to a device with the lightning connector a couple days ago - now I only need to buy 2 additional cables instead of 4.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

Ok, I can now say I have tried all the above ideas. The winner is the photosync app. For $1.99 +tax it works great.

What she (my boss) is wanting is something that works with as little effort as possible on her part. I downloaded the app on my iPad and on both my mac and pc. Set it up and in seconds "There be pictures here!" (For anyone into Star Trek.)

Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Lisa
QUOTE Thanks
DenAtTheDBM

DenAtTheDBM will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2

Actually, uploading images from the camera roll or any other "album" into Dropbox is fairly easy. In the Dropbox app, at the top next to the word Dropbox there's a symbol that looks like 3 dots. Tap that symbol and you get a menu with 3 options, the first being a "+" sign with the word "Upload" under it. Tap that and it will ask to access your photos. Tap "Allow". Now you'll see thumbnails of your photo albums including the "Camera Roll". Tap the album you want and tap to select the images you want, then tap "Upload".

It's called "Uploading" because the app is really just an interface to your Dropbox website account.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Activation screen | Video problems on iPad 4 after upgrading to IOS 7 »