New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

WiFi will not turn on on my iPhone 4s

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Metis

Metis is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any thoughts on why my iPhone would have lost access to WiFi? My connection is strong on wireless on my MacBook Pro.iPhone WiFi switched off, will not turn on on my iPhone 4s...?? I am still able to get on the internet, but eh setting for WiFi says not connected and is grey, won't let ne change setting. Trying to upgrade OS on the phone.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Any chance of damage, drops, liquid contact etc?

Have you tried powering down (not just putting to sleep)?

Have you tried a reset in iTunes (connected by USB?)?

In short ... what have you already tried?
QUOTE Thanks
Vipor

Vipor will become famous soon enough

I have the same issue with my 4s. No wifi connection whatsoever. I can toggle the setting on and off (it was grayed out for a short period). But, still won't connect.

With mine, though, I'm pretty sure it's physical damage considering how many times my 17mth old son has dropped it.

2008 Alum MacBook: 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, 750GB, Snow Leopard
2011 iMac: 27", 2.7Ghz QC, 4GB, 1TB, Mtn Lion
QUOTE Thanks
Vipor

Vipor will become famous soon enough

OP, do you still have yours under warranty (1 yr)?

I just took mine back to Apple, told them I did all the debug efforts I can think of including a hard reset via iTunes bringing it back to factory settings, and that I still could not get WiFi to connect. They verified the no connection, checked on my warranty and said I was still under the 1 yr, and gave me a new phone (warranty replacement).

Cha-ching!!!

2008 Alum MacBook: 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, 750GB, Snow Leopard
2011 iMac: 27", 2.7Ghz QC, 4GB, 1TB, Mtn Lion
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« roll back latest os ugrade? | Recommend a decent photo collage ap »