New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

No Posting w/iOS Devices?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

This must be covered somewhere, unless I'm mistaken. Couldn't seem to find it, tho.

Why can't I post to the forum with my iPhone? Or am I just not seeing how to do it? All I see at the bottom of a thread (where there would normally be a reply button) is a "download" icon that takes me to a tutorial on how to add a forum icon to my home screen.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You need to choose the mobile skin in order to post and reply. It's called "iPhone Style". Select that instead of the normal forum skin and you'll be able to navigate more easily.

(Look down at the bottom right of your screen from the forum Home screen to select.)
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

Got it, thanks.

I knew I must be doing something wrong cuz I couldn't find any posts of anybody else complaining about it...
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Unfortunately, our parent company enforces a specific skin for iPhone/iPod Touch models that is read-only. There is an earlier skin which is a little more forgiving, and that's the one chscag has advised you to use.

We do not enforce the mobile skin for the iPad.

I would love to talk a bit about my frustration with this behavior, but unfortunately, it's out of my hands.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

Yeah, I notice that I am unable to post with my iPhone, even with the mobile style chosen. Bummer.
I am on a biker forum, which allows posts from mobile devices, but some features are lost...
QUOTE Thanks
arthur30

arthur30 is on a distinguished road

you should try tapatalk app it is good for community discussion.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

We've had many discussions regarding TapaTalk. For now it has been decided that it won't be used. There are several reasons why - mostly to do with their business model.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adding song to iphone manually in IOS7 | Issue with Contacts and deleting a contact in IOS7 »