New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Closing Apps with iOS7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thumpernator

Thumpernator is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac Maverick 10.9.2 16 GB Memory

I'm a little confused on completely closing apps on the iPad. Apple Support told me that all you have to do is to tap the Home Button 3 times to close all Apps running in the background. But what I see on the web is that if you tap the Home Button two times, you can see all the Apps that are running in the background and you can close them by swiping them up and off the screen.

So,,,,, I push the HB three times and then two times and it still shows that some Apps are running in the background.

Also, if I reboot the iPad and then hit the HB two times, it shows Apps still running in the background.

What is the real story? How can you REALLY completely close an App so it isn't running in the background?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I'm pretty sure that triple clicking the home screen actually gives you options for accessing accessibility settings. So, I'm not what the support tech is talking about. Plus, if that were the case, that would be an awkward design choice - a one click difference between close one app and all apps would be dangerous.

To answer your question, the double tap and then swipe up is the way to go.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

I don't find triple click very useful myself. User can assign different actions to triple click, but I just Googled again and still can't find a comprehensive explanation of triple click that matches my iOS 7 iPad. I avoid clicking the home button anyway, for fear of wearing it out.

Longtime Windows, then onto slippery slope with iPod/iTunes in 2006, then Apple TV, iPad, iMac, iPhone and finally rejuvenated a discarded MacBook. Happy camper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does anyone knows what this error code pertains to? | Microphone inyoutube apps crashes application help! »