Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iOS and Apps (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/)
-   -   iOS 7 DELETES ALL MY DATA IN GAS GUBBY! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/303414-ios-7-deletes-all-my-data-gas-gubby.html)

evangelist6589 09-18-2013 10:36 PM

iOS 7 DELETES ALL MY DATA IN GAS GUBBY!
 
Anyone know how to get it back? I may be moving back to the Blackberry if I cant get iOS 6 back. I am so tired of Apple.

chscag 09-18-2013 10:58 PM

Did you backup everything on your iPhone before allowing iOS 7 to install? To the cloud or iTunes?

evangelist6589 09-18-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1537923)
Did you backup everything on your iPhone before allowing iOS 7 to install? To the cloud or iTunes?

Yes but that app does not use those. I emailed the developer. Thank goodness I keep backups on paper as you cant trust these devices. A new OS is released and you lose all data.

dtravis7 09-18-2013 11:04 PM

Gas Gubby? Not Gas Buddy? I use Gas Buddy.

mrplow 09-19-2013 05:45 AM

So where does it keep it's data? If the data is kept anywhere on the device it will be in the iTunes/iCloud backup (that's different from syncing using iCloud). One caveat to this is if you've explicitly excluded this app from saving it's data.

If the app keeps the data on the devs servers etc then they'll have a copy of it.

Either way, going to the dev, as you have done, seems like the best way forward.

cwa107 09-19-2013 08:48 AM

Gas Cubby retained all of my data through the upgrade. The developer does have a sync feature that will backup your data out to their servers, hopefully you've had at least a somewhat recent sync.

evangelist6589 09-19-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwa107 (Post 1538016)
Gas Cubby retained all of my data through the upgrade. The developer does have a sync feature that will backup your data out to their servers, hopefully you've had at least a somewhat recent sync.

I have syned several times and the app does not get its data back. Where are you finding thee things? I had the FREE version so perhaps that is the difference.

cwa107 09-19-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evangelist6589 (Post 1538048)
I have syned several times and the app does not get its data back. Where are you finding thee things? I had the FREE version so perhaps that is the difference.

Ah, I have the paid version. Perhaps that's the difference.

The sync settings are at the bottom-right corner of the screen.

evangelist6589 09-19-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwa107 (Post 1538050)
Ah, I have the paid version. Perhaps that's the difference.

The sync settings are at the bottom-right corner of the screen.

I hit the send data to Gas Cubby before but I have no idea how to get the data back with this version. Guess I lost everything. I should have bought the PAID version.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.