New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPad "cannot open" iTunes movie rentals

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bluemoon222

bluemoon222 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20

I am travelling / I rented 2 ,movies for the plane but did it from an old 32bit Macbook. They transferred fine to the iPad but when I tried to open them I got the "Cannot Open" message. Result - did not get to watch my rentals ! I have an idea the fact that I purchased on an old generation Macbook Pro is the issue ?

They are still on my iPad (and presumably still somewhow registered in my account)

I happen to be travelling with a 64bit Macbook Pro (should have purchased from here in the first place !!)

I am thinking there might be a way to resync my iPad with my 64 bit Macbook and resync the movies so that I can at least watch them on of before the flight home next week

Ideas appreciated ?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon222 View Post
I am travelling / I rented 2 ,movies for the plane but did it from an old 32bit Macbook. They transferred fine to the iPad but when I tried to open them I got the "Cannot Open" message. Result - did not get to watch my rentals ! I have an idea the fact that I purchased on an old generation Macbook Pro is the issue ?

They are still on my iPad (and presumably still somewhow registered in my account)

I happen to be travelling with a 64bit Macbook Pro (should have purchased from here in the first place !!)

I am thinking there might be a way to resync my iPad with my 64 bit Macbook and resync the movies so that I can at least watch them on of before the flight home next week

Ideas appreciated ?
When doc'd to your Mac look in iTunes in Devices select your iPad and then look at movies then select either all or just the titles you want then re-sync.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Alert sounds not working. | iPod Touch 2G redsn0w Jailbreak Problem »