New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Locations in iphone's default weather app gone missing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mzembow

mzembow is on a distinguished road

In addition to my local weather, I added about 10 cities to my iphone's weather app so that I was able to look at the weather in the places my friends/relatives live. I've had these entered in for many, many months now and look at them pretty often. Today, right after looking at my mom's weather out in LA before calling her, I noticed that all my cities disappeared. I have my local weather only....what the heck? I did nothing and certainly deleted nothing. I can't find anything about this topic per se in the internet search I just did. So, do any of you know what this could be about and why my weather app locations merely disappeared?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
mzembow

mzembow is on a distinguished road

Well, I guess I solved the mystery myself and I guess I should have known the source of this problem (since I know my 13 year old daughter). I mentioned this strange occurrence to her and she offhandedly replied, "Uh, mom...I deleted all those places from the app on my iPod Touch and I guess that made them all disappear on your iPhone, too." DUH. Should have thought of her in the first place...sigh.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzembow View Post
Well, I guess I solved the mystery myself and I guess I should have known the source of this problem (since I know my 13 year old daughter). I mentioned this strange occurrence to her and she offhandedly replied, "Uh, mom...I deleted all those places from the app on my iPod Touch and I guess that made them all disappear on your iPhone, too." DUH. Should have thought of her in the first place...sigh.
HAHA i know what you mean when one night i was working in Pages on my iPad Mini for about 2 hrs, and when i had saved and got out of the App, i had about 10 new Minecraft type skins Apps, racing Apps and Zombie Apps on my device, so i called my son and said have you downloaded these Apps and he said yes dad, so from that day on, i got him his own Apple ID and now he has his own games. He does his chores and give hime pocket $ in the way of iTunes Gifted

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Contacts disappearing from iPhone 4s | Alert sounds not working. »