New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Backing up Notes+Calendar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

The Notes and Calendar are the most important things on my iPhone so what is the best way to back these up frequently? I have the cloud services Carbonite, Dropbox and iCloud, but all they seem concerned with are photos and videos.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

If your using the built-in Apple calendar and notes (rather than a third party - Google etc) then iCloud will back them up, so long as it's turned on.

On your iPhone go to Settings - iCloud All the on/off iCloud syncing options are in there

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

Ok, I backed them up on my iPhone through iCloud. Now how do I access my notes and contacts on my iMac after they've been backed up? None of them appear when I open Notes on my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
willis34

willis34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Late 2012 iMac.

Setup/Enable/Log in to your iCloud account and sync them on your Mac. Open System Preferences, iCloud.
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis34 View Post
Setup/Enable/Log in to your iCloud account and sync them on your Mac. Open System Preferences, iCloud.
Opening iCloud on my iMac just shows a "Manage" button, I clicked on my iPhone backup listed and hit "Done" but nothing happened.
QUOTE Thanks
willis34

willis34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Late 2012 iMac.

It should look like this (screenshot). Try logging out of iCloud (in system preferences) on your Mac then logging back in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss.jpg (54.4 KB, 9 views)
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Which version of OSX? Can you post a screenshot of what your seeing on your Mac?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« inspire pro | Contacts disappearing from iPhone 4s »