Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    VLC for iOS is now in the App Store . . . .
    I woke this morning and went through my twitter feed and saw with delight that VLC is now on the App Store.
    Its a universal Download, so i downloaded it, transferred a .avi and .mkv file over and WOW i couldn't believe it, they played
    Now we don't have to have .m4p or .m4v files to watch what we want.
    Just though i give you all a heads up

1 good thing is there is now DropBox integration so keeping those movies in the Cloud and use them whenever you want. Works very well

VLC For iOS Is Available To Download Now | Cult of Mac
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Be aware that due to licensing restrictions, video files that use AC3 sound probably won't play the audio. You can easily convert the file to change the audio to MP3 or something and it will work fine, but having to convert the video defeats the purpose of VLC (et al), might as well just convert it to iPad/iTunes format (which of course can play AAC audio).

EDIT: I'm stupid, I wrote AAC when I meant AC3. I apologise for the confusion I undoubtedly caused.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    And not available in the U.S. store as of this moment. I still have the original version though.

tried it 4 more times and it finally popped up in the store.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

The Republic of Neptune
    This is exceedingly bizarre. I could only get audio playing in VLC for a DVD rip with mono audio, single track downmixed to AAC. Another DVD rip with original stereo AC3 track; AAC downmix; and 3rd downmixed commentary track would play no audio at all. Not any of the tracks. In fact, in the track selection box, it defaulted to "no audio". Ditto for a BD rip with AAC track and 5.1 AC3 track. These are all my personal copies from my own media... no DRM. WTF?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information