New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS 7: Good Or Bad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ipadsandmac

ipadsandmac is on a distinguished road

Hey guys and gals! What do you think of iOS 7?
Comment on what you like and don't like about it and why. Debate is good!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

iOS 7 is not released yet, will have to wait for it to be released before you can debate it..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I think we have enough information about it though to stimulate some conversation, so I'm re-opening this thread.

Also, I'm going to kick it on over to our iOS forum, since this is not an off-topic discussion.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I've only seen pictures and Apple's videos of it, so far it looks glorious. I'm very excited to see how it will run on my iPhone 4.

Bear in mind that it isn't done "cooking" yet, some changes WILL be made to the final release but I think on the whole we're seeing very close to what it will look like.

One of the many interesting decisions I think Sir Jonathan Ive made was in brightening up the colour palette. I've read recently that this may appear a little too much to some western eyes, but should help the iPhone do better in other countries. Interesting if true.

Beyond the look, however, I am keen to find out what's changed "under the hood." Oh sure, the new eye candy is always fun to play with and all, but when the novelty wears off its those serious changes (not just the window dressing) that make the biggest difference in everyday use.
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

timmy_toad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad2 + iPhone4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Sir Jonathan Ive
I simply love the Videos he appears in, he makes me laugh, how on earth can he keep a straight face ?, that is what i always think when i see him.

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I'll be blunt with this one: it's a paint of coat complemented by features quite obviously borrowed from other platforms (not really a problem per se but hardly innovative). I'm ambivalent about the facelift - it's simplistic which is certainly an excellent path to take but the excessive white makes it difficult to differentiate between things. For example, the button bar (the thing on the bottom - I'm not sure what the actual name is) is the same colour as a plain white background which makes it hard to discern. Sure, we all know where the buttons are but some contrast really would have helped.

In terms of functionality, it's hard to make the claim that Apple didn't borrow functionality from Android, WP and even webOS. However, that's not a bad thing (I couldn't care less who gets what from where as long as I benefit) if they can somehow do it better than the others.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
I'll be blunt with this one: it's a paint of coat complemented by features quite obviously borrowed from other platforms (not really a problem per se but hardly innovative).
Apple always does an awesome job bundling features in their painted coats. I'll be first in line for one.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Going to have to finally upgrade my 3GS it looks like.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Appstore asking me to verify apple id payment info for downloading free app | how much stuff IS actually in an iPad Backup ? »