New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPad photos into a folder on my MacBookPro ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

timmy_toad

timmy_toad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad2 + iPhone4S

Hi All, iPhoto and iTunes does a very good job at isolating us/me from the hard work of managing our Photos. I often think it stops me doing what i really want to do with my Photos.

I CANNOT figure out how to get the Photos in my iPads Camera Roll onto my MacBookPro IN A FOLDER !!.

WITHOUT using iPhoto or iTunes, is it at all possible PLEASE ?.

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Other than emailing each one to yourself? Not that I know of.

You can sync the iPad camera roll to iPhoto and then drag them out of iPhoto into Finder and sort into folders from there.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Other than emailing each one to yourself? Not that I know of.

You can sync the iPad camera roll to iPhoto and then drag them out of iPhoto into Finder and sort into folders from there.
Ok friend, thanks for your help to my query, i thought i was going to find out it couldnt be done easily, oh well never mind, thanks.

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy_toad View Post
Hi All, iPhoto and iTunes does a very good job at isolating us/me from the hard work of managing our Photos. I often think it stops me doing what i really want to do with my Photos.

I CANNOT figure out how to get the Photos in my iPads Camera Roll onto my MacBookPro IN A FOLDER !!.

WITHOUT using iPhoto or iTunes, is it at all possible PLEASE ?.

Tim
There are some utilities out there that should do what you want to do. Macroplant - iPod, iPad, iPhone Transfer Software for Mac and PC might get the job done. There are probably some free alternatives out there as well. I don't follow this software segment regularly enough to know which is best.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
There are some utilities out there that should do what you want to do. Macroplant - iPod, iPad, iPhone Transfer Software for Mac and PC might get the job done. There are probably some free alternatives out there as well. I don't follow this software segment regularly enough to know which is best.
Oooooo KOOL buddy that sounds good, very good, i am on my way there right now !.

Later:- Yeah i found it pal, iExplorer3 is the business, it really is.

Thanks Slydude

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

SOLVED:- would you believe it ?, the complete answer was on my MacBookPro all the time !

IMAGE CAPTURE is the one you want and it is already there for the use of, fantastically quick as well, no messing

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I should have thought about Image Capture. It was triggering recently every time I connected the iPad since I didn't have iPhoto installed at the time.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

no worries "slydude" dont bash yourself up about it, LOL

We all live and learn.

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Aside from Image Capture - Picasa is still a nice option and a decent photo viewer that will import into folders where you want them instead of using a database.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Aside from Image Capture - Picasa is still a nice option and a decent photo viewer that will import into folders where you want them instead of using a database.
Fair comment friend, so i guess you are saying that iPhoto puts our photos in a database !, if so, i definitely dont like that idea, thanks for pointing that out.

Tim
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone battery depletion | How to put files from iphone to mac? »