New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

New problem, at least for me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

righturn

righturn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)

Recently most of my forums I play on from FB and even G Mail will not hold my login name or pass word on my I pad. To clarify a little more, it is logging on from safari bookmarks primarily but even to click on a FB notification in email, I have to log on to FB again.
Is there a solution to this???
Or is it they want me to use only Apps to log on to my favorite sites?
QUOTE Thanks
Thatguy16

Thatguy16 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB

1.When you enter your username/password, is there a box that you can check that says "remember me"? -If that's not checked that will help your problem.

2. All apps will eventually log you out (whether or not you checked "remember me"so you have to re-enter your password. It the length of time depends on the App

Everyone hates cliffhanger endings because..

Found my advice useful? Use the reputation button in the upper-right corner of my post!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

For Facebook there's no sense in not using the app rather than the iPad browser -- but having said that when I click on a link that takes me to FB I am in fact logged into my account in the browser.
QUOTE Thanks
righturn

righturn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)

As a long time tech user, occupation, not thatI know every thing, but it seems that something has changed. Just like this site, when I logged in to ask this question, I checked the box to keep me logged in, today one day later, I had to log in again. I accessed this site through book marks in Safari.
The reason I'm asking, primarily, it is a pita to remember all user log on info, for all the sites I visit especially ones visited irregularly or even once a week.
I guess there might not be a real answer to my question.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Such information is usually held in the "cookie" file associated with the site. Have you been cleaning cookies or use a program that cleans them?
QUOTE Thanks
Thatguy16

Thatguy16 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB

Quote:
it is a pita to remember all user log on info, for all the sites
Have you ever used "Keychain Access" ? It's already installed on your Mac and it holds all of you user and password info for your sites. It uses one password, I have my normal log on for OSX, and it can open up these files.
-I find it really useful

Everyone hates cliffhanger endings because..

Found my advice useful? Use the reputation button in the upper-right corner of my post!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No App Store | IPhone question »