New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPad create calendar event window cut off

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

Anyone know why, when I click on addresses in emails on my iPad, the create event window that pops up is cut off on the right side? I can't see the Done button on the right that allows me to finish the task. I've been searching Google for months and haven't turned up questions about this. Doesn't happen when I launch the same create event window in Calendar.
iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CreateEventBug.JPG (22.2 KB, 16 views)

Longtime Windows, then onto slippery slope with iPod/iTunes in 2006, then Apple TV, iPad, iMac, iPhone and finally rejuvenated a discarded MacBook. Happy camper.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Have you tried a hard reset?

Hold sleep/wake & home until the screen blanks and the apple symbol appears

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold sleep/wake & home until the screen blanks and the apple symbol appears
Yes, no effect. This has been an issue since I got the iPad 2 on pre-release order when they first came out. No other problems with the device or the software running on it.

But I finally found this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0. Bug known to Apple and never fixed. Only happens in landscape viewing mode. Workaround is to view emails in portrait then click on the highlighted date fragment in the email: that launches the Create Event window in full. Or, in landscape, the very edge of the Done button might be accessible top right in the cut off window. You'd think they would have fixed that little bug to preserve the "it just works" experience.

Longtime Windows, then onto slippery slope with iPod/iTunes in 2006, then Apple TV, iPad, iMac, iPhone and finally rejuvenated a discarded MacBook. Happy camper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« syncing i phone with mac; calendar sync issues | does anyone know why WIFI stopped working?? Ipod Touch »