New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Notes similar to Evernote but safe

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joschum

joschum is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am searching for a notes software that is similar to Evernote but that is more secure. Recently, their servers where hacked and users report of loss of data and security problems. I don't really need the cloud, I was happy with local sync via USB between my Palm and my laptop for a long time, and that would clear up my security concerns.

Here are my needs:
- Notes software with clients that run on Mac OS X and iOS, iPhone app (and linux if available).
- Secure encryption of text notes and encrypted data transfer (I am not a security expert so I would be happy about some advice what encryption is secure nowadays).
- Local sync between Mac OS X and iPhone via USB cable, no cloud solution.
- Availability of tags to search within text notes.
- Attachment of images to text notes (particularly pdfs generated from iphone photos).
- Export capability as txt files to create backups - I would like to be able to read these notes even after 10 years without the need of proprietary software just as I can read the notes that I took with my Palm back in 1998 :-)

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Have a look at TopXNotes, and touch base with the developer James Lee. Very friendly and accommodating guy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Group iMessage Opt-out option? | Will the Facebook Ticker ever be available on iPad or is it available somehow now? »