Specs:
    iMac: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini2, iPhone5s
    iOS 6.1.3 Battery Drain
    Other forums, Apple Support Communities amongst them, are alive with the battery drain problem on iPhones since the 6.1.3 update. Why no mention on here?

I 'upgraded' both mine and my wife's iPhone 4's last week and now battery life is so poor we are afraid of using our phones out of the house in case we might need them in an emergency. Having to charge the phone twice a day is no joke. Can't believe that Mac-Forum users haven't got an answer to this - or is searching seriously amiss?
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Have been lazy and not installed that update on my 3GS yet.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Other forums, Apple Support Communities amongst them, are alive with the battery drain problem on iPhones since the 6.1.3 update. Why no mention on here?
    You just mentioned it. Perhaps your post will draw some replies. I don't have an iPhone but installed that update to my iPad and so far it has not impacted the battery.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
    Can't believe that Mac-Forum users haven't got an answer to this - or is searching seriously amiss?
    I installed 6.1.3 on my iPhone 4 when it came out and have not noticed any different battery drain behavior than before. I still charge it at the end of the day and have no problems with it during the course of the day. I make about an hour of calls a day on it and spend another 30 mins on various social networks. I also spend about an hour or so with games..

That's pretty much my typical usage on a day to day basis..

Now far as Mac-Forum users getting an answer, why single out a single forum? We don't have any more access to Apple than any other forum..unless I'm being kept in the dark somehow..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Agree completely with Raz0rEdge. I only have a 3GS but do not notice any more drain than before the update. Maybe it's something with the 4s and Siri or something.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I have an iPhone 4 (as does my wife) and we're both on 6.1.3. No unusual battery drain here, and we certainly don't charge our phones every day or even close to that.

Mind you, neither do we have Bluetooth running all the time (or indeed ever, really), nor do we have LTE which I've heard will run down the battery fast if you have it turned on when its not in your area. We don't tend to keep background services running (music etc) either. In short, we're not heavy users.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Mind you, neither do we have Bluetooth running all the time (or indeed ever, really), nor do we have LTE which I've heard will run down the battery fast if you have it turned on when its not in your area.
    I can't speak for the iPhone since I don't own one "yet". (soon I hope) But when I leave my iPad 3 on LTE (Verizon) it will run the battery down significantly faster than simply using straight WiFi. And that's with a strong LTE signal. I was so concerned about it that I contacted Apple care and the second level tech I spoke with confirmed that it would indeed use the battery faster.

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S
    i have 4th gen ipod touch and iphone 4s which both have had problems since updating to 6.3.1 my battery drains fast on both,( I am going to remove any apps that are not critical, stop push notifications,x) but the problem I am now experiencing is with the ipod it wont find WIFI anymore after the update. I am really disappointed in Apple right now, my iLife is miserable without wifi. like has this happened to anyone else?

I would really like to know I am not the only one who is having problems.

Specs:
    Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram 320gb. Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.
    I will agree that since the update on my Iphone 4s my battery drains rather quickly. I usually make sure I close out all my apps and ended up getting a Mophie juice pak. for back up. Still a hassle though.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information