New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS 6.1.3 Battery Drain

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Other forums, Apple Support Communities amongst them, are alive with the battery drain problem on iPhones since the 6.1.3 update. Why no mention on here?

I 'upgraded' both mine and my wife's iPhone 4's last week and now battery life is so poor we are afraid of using our phones out of the house in case we might need them in an emergency. Having to charge the phone twice a day is no joke. Can't believe that Mac-Forum users haven't got an answer to this - or is searching seriously amiss?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have been lazy and not installed that update on my 3GS yet.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Other forums, Apple Support Communities amongst them, are alive with the battery drain problem on iPhones since the 6.1.3 update. Why no mention on here?
You just mentioned it. Perhaps your post will draw some replies. I don't have an iPhone but installed that update to my iPad and so far it has not impacted the battery.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
Can't believe that Mac-Forum users haven't got an answer to this - or is searching seriously amiss?
I installed 6.1.3 on my iPhone 4 when it came out and have not noticed any different battery drain behavior than before. I still charge it at the end of the day and have no problems with it during the course of the day. I make about an hour of calls a day on it and spend another 30 mins on various social networks. I also spend about an hour or so with games..

That's pretty much my typical usage on a day to day basis..

Now far as Mac-Forum users getting an answer, why single out a single forum? We don't have any more access to Apple than any other forum..unless I'm being kept in the dark somehow..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agree completely with Raz0rEdge. I only have a 3GS but do not notice any more drain than before the update. Maybe it's something with the 4s and Siri or something.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have an iPhone 4 (as does my wife) and we're both on 6.1.3. No unusual battery drain here, and we certainly don't charge our phones every day or even close to that.

Mind you, neither do we have Bluetooth running all the time (or indeed ever, really), nor do we have LTE which I've heard will run down the battery fast if you have it turned on when its not in your area. We don't tend to keep background services running (music etc) either. In short, we're not heavy users.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Mind you, neither do we have Bluetooth running all the time (or indeed ever, really), nor do we have LTE which I've heard will run down the battery fast if you have it turned on when its not in your area.
I can't speak for the iPhone since I don't own one "yet". (soon I hope) But when I leave my iPad 3 on LTE (Verizon) it will run the battery down significantly faster than simply using straight WiFi. And that's with a strong LTE signal. I was so concerned about it that I contacted Apple care and the second level tech I spoke with confirmed that it would indeed use the battery faster.
QUOTE Thanks
theOneKrishna

theOneKrishna is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2.2ghz i7 quadcore 8gbRAM 750gbHD 1.0gbVRAM Radeon 6570M iPod Touch 4G 32gb iPhone 4S

i have 4th gen ipod touch and iphone 4s which both have had problems since updating to 6.3.1 my battery drains fast on both,( I am going to remove any apps that are not critical, stop push notifications,x) but the problem I am now experiencing is with the ipod it wont find WIFI anymore after the update. I am really disappointed in Apple right now, my iLife is miserable without wifi. like has this happened to anyone else?

I would really like to know I am not the only one who is having problems.
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

I will agree that since the update on my Iphone 4s my battery drains rather quickly. I usually make sure I close out all my apps and ended up getting a Mophie juice pak. for back up. Still a hassle though.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 3g to 5g without iTunes info | Sync »