Specs:
    15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
    Slow/glitzy behavior
    My iPhone 4 is exhibiting some slow or glitzy behavior. Particularly in the facebook app but in most.

It generally locks up, freezes, or simply won't respond to a gesture.

I figured it could be an older phone with a slower processor, bad programming in the facebook app or maybe a fragmented operating system (this phone is a couple years old).

What should I do? Restore it from a backup?

Thanks

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    First, I think you mean "glitchy." Though I suppose if you put a sparkle case on it it could be glitzy as well.

Second, the symptoms you describe sound similar to those of people who have never actually powered down the device. Have you done that? This is not the same as putting it to sleep (button at the top).

I have an iPhone 4 and it's not having these issues. Try powering it completely down first and if that doesn't fix the issue we've got a couple of other suggestions.

To power down, press and HOLD the sleep/wake button at the top until you see a red slider bar appear on the screen. Slide it to power completely off. You can turn it right back on if you want.

Specs:
    15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
    Thanks for the reply. Works great now. Never thought it would need to be restarted - brain fart...

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Quote Originally Posted by burnedfaceless View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Works great now. Never thought it would need to be restarted - brain fart...
    A very common mistake for most people since we keep these devices running and charged whenever we need it. Now granted that iOS does a great job of cleaning up after itself, after a long while, it's just harder and harder for it to clean things up, a power cycle or reset gives it a fresh start..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information