New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Jailbreaking iPhone 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Raff

Raff is on a distinguished road

Hi all

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post threads on jailbreaking/unlocking so apologies in advance if I'm out of line.

Just a quick one, I found this site and wondered if anyone knows if it's the real deal or is just a scam? Anyone used it?

Unlock-Jailbreak.net Easy Unlock and Jailbreak iPhone 5,4S,4,3GS iOS 6.1.3/6.1 and 6.0.2/6.0.1 Untethered

Also I'm in the UK and it's a US website so if it is legit would i still be able to use it?

Many thanks
R
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

MasterShake is on a distinguished road

Its a scam. The jailbreak is always free do not pay for it. Go and search redsn0w 0.9.15b3 it can do a semi tethered jailbreak on 6.1.3 but only if you have a iphone 4, iphone 3gs or ipod touch 4g. There are plenty of videos on youtube for the jailbreak.
QUOTE Thanks
Raff

Hi guys, thanks for the replies

Thought that site was too good to be true. Thanks MasterShake

chas_m,

I have a 4S. I want to Jailbreak to install Cydia but am confused as there is so much info on how to do it. I do not know what semi-tethered is??? I want to do it so I can turn it on and off without the jailbreak 'going away' if that makes sense.

I also want to unlock it as my contract is up and want to use a GiffGaff SIM (UK), as I understand unlocking is different to jailbreaking? So do I Jailbreak or Unlock first?

Confused?
QUOTE Thanks
Raff

Cheers chas, thanks for the advice. Found the essay very informative too.

Regards
Raff
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

Np, I really don't recommend jailbreaking your phone cause there are some issues if you install too many tweaks it could get slow and lagg. Also your phone could crash sometimes if your not careful. It is best to just use it as it is and maybe wait for a untethered jailbreak to get released. If you semi-tethered the iphone then everytime it reboots you have to plug it into the computer and put it into dfu mode and use redsn0w to boot it up. It can be a pain sometimes if your iphone goes dead and you are not near your computer. You wont be able to use your jailbreak stuff. You will only be able to use the basic functions like phone, text, etc. Just no cydia, safari. Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
Serwan

Serwan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: rMBP 13'' (3 GHZ i7, 8GB)

if you are new to jailbreak, do not do tethered jailbreak.

but I do recommend unthether jailbreak for some reasons. there are some great tweaks that make your iphone even better like auxo
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

Yeah and you can theme your iphone with winterboard make it look unique and add custom sounds. Even change the fonts with bytafont.
QUOTE Thanks
Raff

Great replies guys, thank you. I'm not gonna bother jailbreaking but I've spoked to my carrier and they charge 15 which is reasonable. I was just interested how to unlock it myself just cos I like messing with stuff :-)

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
Raff

Carrier unlock obviously not JB
QUOTE Thanks
Serwan

Serwan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: rMBP 13'' (3 GHZ i7, 8GB)

regarding to unlock your iPhone, not it is a bit harder because ultraslow (unlocking method) does not support newer baseband and iphones. but for older devices like 3G and 3GS is easier to do.. but unlocking through carrier is the best and easiest way
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iOS xcode tabbed application tableviewcontroller | Looking for a flash card type app »