New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Facebook app Network Errors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mcgregor94086

Mcgregor94086 is on a distinguished road

I am repeatedly getting "Network Error" messages when I am viewing my newsfeed on my iPhone app. These messages appear for awhile, then go away, and then reappear.

I appear to be seeing very little new traffic but stories I do see are often repeated multiple times one right after the other from the same person!

Clicking on the links in these posts usually does nothing instead of bringing up the link target.

I upgraded to the most recent app released and this situation still persists.

This happens both when connected to wifi and when using cellular bandwidth.

What does Network Error mean? Is it Facebook's network that has the error? AT&T's network has an error (my mobile carrier)? My iPhone's has an error reaching the wifi or cellular network?

What actions can I take to correct this error?

What actions can I take to prevent this error?

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

The Facebook app is very buggy and you will see the network error from time to time. If you have no Internet connection, you get a different error message, so network error is specific to accessing the FB site/network. Also, the stories do move around bass on who's commenting on them and stuff..

It's just a messy app..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

They just came out with an update today, try using that if it does not work then try reinstalling the app. If either of those do not work then you can also access the mobile site from Safari at www.m.facebook.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« text messages and restoring phone | iPad Doesn't Wake From Sleep? »