New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

text messages and restoring phone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lmm

lmm is on a distinguished road

i have to restore my phone because it has been screwing up lately and this seems to be the only time i can sit down and wait for it to restore. but i am also waiting for an important TEXT mesage (not iMessage, if it makes any difference) from someone. So i was just wondering, if said person happens to send me the text while i'm restoring my phone, will i still receive the message once my phone is restored or will the text get lost?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums.

If your phone is not a position to receive the text message (due to the restore or something else) the message will stay on the server until the phone can receive it. If this were the case, then any phone that was turned off would be losing a lot of voicemails and text messages..

So no worries, once your restore is completed, you will pick up whatever pending stuff you have waiting for you on your carrier's server..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My iTunes Library keeps disappearing | Facebook app Network Errors »