New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Mac Life/World Magazine App

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacWannabeNTX

MacWannabeNTX is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IPad 4 16 GB IOS 6.1.3, Macbook Pro 4GB 500 Hd ML 10.8.3

Can someone tell me how this is supposed to work? I signed up in March for a monthly subscription to both of these monthly magazines in March. Signed up thru the App Store. Downloaded both current issues, read them and then deleted them. They just looked like a magazine to me and I thought deleting each month as I read them would save space on my 16gb iPad. But I am waiting every day for the current April issue. I thought they would download into my Newstand automatically, but nothing yet. Did I do wrong by deleting my issue last month? Maybe that deleted the App?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

No, it doesn't delete your Newsstand app. I can't speak for MacLife but as for MacWorld... (I also subscribe) All you need to do is archive the current edition, go to the MacWorld selection and if the current issue (April or May) is posted it will be available for download to your iPad or iPhone.

Even if you delete the copies on your iPad or iPhone, you can always download them again without having to pay. BTW, my paper copy of MacWorld always arrives in the mail several weeks before it's available as a download from the App store.
QUOTE Thanks
MacWannabeNTX

MacWannabeNTX is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IPad 4 16 GB IOS 6.1.3, Macbook Pro 4GB 500 Hd ML 10.8.3

Thank you. So how does your latest issue come to you? I thought I would get some type of notice that the latest issue was ready to download.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

They do not automatically notify you that the new issue is ready for download. You have to access the App Store and check. I have a good idea when it's available only because I also receive the paper issue in the mail.

When you turn on your iPad, just go to updates. If the next issue is ready for you to download, it should show up as an update to the Newsstand. You can also do the same thing by opening iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on "apps". Updates will also show up there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moving from Blackberry to Iphone 4S | how do you transfer datas( message, contacts ) to itunes »