New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Tatoo parlor image issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schuster

schuster is on a distinguished road

I made a website that has JPG's of all the tatoo designs of their stick-on tatoos on it.

This is what I want:

1. Find image on website, click on it and select "Open with..." Then select the app that we end up choosing.

2. Once in the app, "pinch and squeeze" to resize the image to how big the customer wants the tattoo to be, and print it.

Problems I've run into:

1. You can't do "Open with..." I haven't found an iPad browser that allows that functionality. You have to Save it, then go to the app, find the image and open it. I want to skip that step.

2. None of the image editing apps I found allowed for resizing an image through pinch and squeeze. You're either selecting pre-determined pixel sizes, or sliding a bar and reducing/increasing by percentage.

3. Even after getting the image to the right size through manually entering in pixel dimensions, when I print it, it's not the same size on paper as it is on the iPad screen.

Here's my needs specifically:

1. Ability to open an image from the website DIRECTLY into the app, rather than saving it and then opening it.

2. Ability to resize the dimensions by the 2 finger pinch and squeeze technique.

3. Make how the image appears on the iPad to be "life size" scale. Not sure if this would require messing with the resolution of the iPad or what.

Any help would be appreciated, even if you only know the answer to part of the equation. If there's a better way to do this, or if it's not possible please let me know your ideas. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

What app are you trying to open the images in?
QUOTE Thanks
schuster

schuster is on a distinguished road

I've tried several apps...i-resize, resizr, photogene, photoshop express, snapseed. I'm open to anything.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows mail contacts to iPad? | Need help »