Thread: canned texts

canned texts
    Looking for actual free (not free downloads - that you then have to pay to use) of simple software that will work on a Mac to make canned text that can be pasted in any program.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thanks for the information:

Introducing Loremify | Tobias Ahlin
    Apple - Downloads - Dashboard Widgets - Lorem Ipsum Widget
    Apple - Downloads - Dashboard Widgets - Cicero

BUT ... ALL three of these are just space fillers in Latin that really say nothing ... so someone can see what a form would look like with text in the form.

'Canned Texts' are real statements - sentences or phrases can be stored in a data base and copied and pasted in any form/application, so that you do not have to retype phrases / sentences/explanations that you use over and over -- (gmail now has this for gmail- but it will only work in gmail) --

There are software programs that can be PAID FOR, that do this -- but are quite expensive for what they do.

I was hoping someone would know of a FREE app or freeware program that would do this on a Mac.

THANKS!

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Well the term "canned text" in my experience is usually used to indicate creating dummy text to see how something would look all written up.

You are looking for a program like TextExpander which is commercial. So try DashExpander – Text Abbreviation Expander - Kapeli which is free.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thanks a million. This was the very thing I was looking for.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    You're aware that Mountain Lion has some of this functionality built right in, yes? That you can assign codes to trigger much longer phrases?

It's not as versatile as Typinator or TextExpander, but it's already there, so the price is right.

Thread Information