New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPad app crashes after loading

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ElGuapo

ElGuapo is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I just started having this problem with the Plants vs Zombies app on iPad. When I push the app it opens, then at the bottom says "loading," then finishes loading, then when I click start it crashes. Here's what I've tried so far with no success.
1. I've tried closing the app so it is not running (via double clicking the home button so the running apps appear at the bottom of the screen so you can hold them down, they shake, and you "x" them out to quit them), then tried opening the app again but had the same result.
2. I've tried shutting down my iPad by holding down the power and home buttons together then, shutting it down, waiting 30 seconds to a minute and turning it back on via the power button and trying the app again but had the same result.
3. I've tried the itunes authorization thing where you download a free app to reset the authorization and tried opening the app again but had the same result.
4. I've tried sacrificing the neighbors cat to the God of War then tried to open the app but had the same result.... Okay, not really but I'm running out of options here.

The only thing I haven't done yet is delete the app from my iPad and reinstall it. The only thing that makes me not want to do that is that I might lose the info. But it may be my last option (other than my neighbors cat... Ha ha, kidding of course).

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

FYI, I played that game a ridiculous amount, had the max amount of user slots filled with a ton of PvZ money and zen garden plants and extras, and thought perhaps the app may have reached its limit for its in-app stored data capacity (I have no idea if this is how these apps work, I'm just speculating).

So should I delete it and reinstall it, or is there something else I can do?
Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

All i can suggest is to backup your iPad delete the App and download it again, and then even try to restore from backup and it should have your saved data in it
Oh and welcome the forums

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ElGuapo

ElGuapo is on a distinguished road

I guess I'll have to give that a try.
Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Caller ID Question ... | Which store? »