Exclamation Jailbroken iPhone Update Confusion
    So I jailbroke my iPhone months back and I've been meaning to un-jailbreak it for awhile now but somehow I just have never got around to it. Anyways, I forgot about the fact that it was jailbroken (silly me) and tried to update the software. Now, I am stuck with a phone that will only beg me to connect back to iTunes. Every time I do this, iTunes instructs me to restore and update it. I tried this once for the hell of it but nothing has changed. How do I get my phone working again? I don't care if it's completely wiped when I turn it back on, I just need it available.
    Please help?

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Welcome to Mac-Forums

When the iPhone is connected to your computer, iTunes recognizes it? What happens when you click on the Restore button? Does it go through any activity?

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

15" Macbook Pro 2.0Ghz i7 8GB AMD 6490M 256OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | iPhone 5S 16GB
    I'd try throwing it into DFU mode first then hitting restore inside of iTunes.I 've had better luck with that as its more of a last resort restore. If razors advice doesn't work give the DFU restore a go
    I find the best way to locate rogue DHCP servers is to send 240V down the appropriate port. Follow the smoke.

Thread Information