New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Facebook won't open on Macbook or Iphone5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Scionlifepal

Scionlifepal is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this is the write sub-forum since I am having an issue on both my macbook and iphone. Facebook will not load (on my home internet connection). When I go to facebook.com on my mac, the screen just stays white. On my iphone, it times out saying there is a problem with my internet connection.

However, I can get to any other website on both my iphone and mac, and facebook works fine on my wife's PC. I've tried almost everything I could find on here from related threads like re installing, making sure my systems are up to date, emptying the cache...

Anyone ran into a similar problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

It sounds like there may be a DNS problem on your router. Open up the settings for your router and change the DNS servers to use OpenDNS. Instructions here:
OpenDNS IP Addresses

You don't have to register on their site, like they try to get you to do. Just use the IP addresses provided. If you aren't sure how to do this, post back with details of which exact router you have.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Scionlifepal

Scionlifepal is on a distinguished road

it worked! thank you very much!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moving all notes to one account | App for adding photo and text to a page »