Can't activate my iphone
    Hi guys,

I apologise for the long message in advance

I used to be with vodafone but then my contract ended and I wanted to change to tmobile. But my iphone 3gs was locked to vodafone and I took it to a mobile shop to get it unlocked but the guy jailbroke it instead. At the time i didn't know the difference between jailbreaking and unlocking but I really didn't like my phone being jailbroken, because I hav no idea how to use it! so I contacted Vodafone and asked them to unlock my iphone (which I should have done to begin with). They emailed me saying "The iPhone has now been unlocked Please replace the SIM (use a SIM which has never been used with this iPhone) and connect to iTunes or perform a software restore via iTunes" I did this but now my phone is stuck on the "could not activate page" which I'm guessing is due to jailbroken and being updated
    I have tried everything!! on youtube and google but nothing seems to be working
    so could anyone help?
    I really hate this jailbreaking thing and i just want my phone back to normal...
    Any help is very much appreciated

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Just attach your iPhone to your Mac and to iTunes and do a restore. That should wipe the jailbreak and get you back to square one again. If Vodaphone unlocked it for you, the restore should not affect that.

Keep in mind that when you buy the T-Mobile sim card, you will only be able to use your iPhone on EDGE until T-Mobile gets their network switched over some time mid 2013.

Thanks for your suggestion but every time I try to do a restore I can't get past the activating iphone screen. I think it's because I'm restoring and updating,I don't see any other option. Am I able to restore only?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Also, please note she's referring to the UK/European version of TMobile, not the US version, so your advice about EDGE is probably incorrect.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Good catch chas. I was thinking T-Mobile USA. T-Mobile frequencies in Europe are different. Thanks for the correction.

Thread Information