12-19-2012, 07:56 AM #1
Can't Print from iMac to Epson Stylus TX121 Shared Network Printer
- Member Since
- Dec 19, 2012
I am trying to get my Epson Stylus TX121 printer working as network printer. However I am not being able to print from my Mac machine to that network printer.
I configured my Linux PC to work it as a printer server using CUPS. I followed below steps:
- Installed Fedora 13 with cups-1.4.6.
- Attached Epson printer locally via USB port with the Linux PC.
- Added that printer through CUPS web based UI as “shared” and “raw printer” in the Linux PC.
- Connect an iMac PC (Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed) with the same network where my Linux PC is connected.
- Installed Epson TX121 driver (version 9.00) in the iMac PC.
- Added the printer manually with URI specified as ipp://192.168.1.222:631/printers/Epson_Stylus_TX121 (192.168.1.222 is the IP address of my Linux PC) in the iMac PC.
- I also added this printer in a Windows XP PC with the same URI ( ipp://192.168.1.222:631/printers/Epson_Stylus_TX121).
In this setup from Windows XP I can print successfully, but from iMac I can't print. Then I came to know that iMac uses CUPS as spooler. So I opened the log (/var/log/cups/error_log) in iMac and found this:
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:52 +0530] cupsdSetBusyState: Printing jobs
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:52 +0530] PID 16063 (/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpII) stopped with status 206!
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:53 +0530] [Job 17] cgpdftoraster: bytes written for sheet 1 = 35662302
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:53 +0530] PID 16062 (/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster) exited with no errors.
I [19/Dec/2012:14:27:53 +0530] [Job 17] Backend returned status 1 (failed)
Any idea why I can't print from iMac.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By AustrianPrince in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2012, 10:52 PM
By dfgdfg in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2012, 09:25 PM
By Mikeo1938 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 7Last Post: 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
By Bexford in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
By JohnGivrolta in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2009, 04:43 PM