New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Something like Swype or T-9 Trace in the Future?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dsuthomist

dsuthomist is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro (School's); iphone 3Gs

I have an iPhone 3gs and like it very much. I use a MacBook Pro at the university. Like many others who have considered upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy 3, I was wondering if the iPhone would ever get a Apple-quality version of something like Swype? It has very fast input.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

No one knows what future technology Apple is going to put into iOS at this point until the developer seeds start showing up. As of now this is not something the rumor mill has been by buzzing about, so not sure if it will ever happen..

Apple will most likely want to limit the number of me-too features in iOS too..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

It's a very fast input if your vocabulary is very shallow and limited ...

I'm not necessarily knocking it, but the reason its so fast is that most people use it to say things like "on my way!" or "be there in 10."

For that, the iPhone has IMO a better implementation ... you can store TONS of text shortcuts (which can actually be quite long and elaborate if you like) and assign a short trigger. For example, I use omw for "On my way!"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« duplicate playlist folders/groups - deleting -help? | iTunes 11.0.0.163 won't transfer podcasts to iPhone »