hdmi mirror and turn iPhone/iPad display off?
    I was thinking of using my ipad 2 as a netflix, movie player for different tv's around my house and maybe even a make shift desktop computer with bluetooth keyboard/mouse and external monitor.

I haven't ordered the hdmi adaptor yet to try this and I was just curious if I can mirror my ipad screen and then turn the ipad display off so I only have on the external display?

There are two reasons that I want to do this. One is it's very distracting when two screens are on when you're watching a movie or tv show in a dark room and the other is I don't want to burn out the screen by having it on all the time.

Also, I was curious does the headphone jack still output audio when the hdmi adaptor is plugged in?

hdmi adaptor mirror and turn iphone 4s display off?
    I was thinking of using my iphone 4s as a netflix, movie player for different tv's around my house and maybe even a make shift desktop computer with bluetooth keyboard/mouse and external monitor.

I haven't ordered the hdmi adaptor yet to try this and I was just curious if I can mirror my iPhone screen and then turn the display off so I only have on the external display?

There are two reasons that I want to do this. One is it's very distracting when two screens are on when you're watching a movie or tv show in a dark room and the other is I don't want to burn out the screen by having it on all the time.

Also, I was curious does the headphone jack still output audio when the hdmi adaptor is plugged in?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Merged your threads and relocated them to the iOS forum.
    Not really a need for 2 identical threads for a single question and the option you are asking about will depend on whether iOS permits such function on the device.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information