Thread: iphone 4s

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, mac mini, ipad, 4s
    iphone 4s
    I updated my 4s phone to iOS 6.0.1. I now have major battery drain. Phone on stand you will die in 6 hours before upgrade would lasts over 24 hours. Is there anything I can do. Phone is 1 year old.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I have an older model than you (an iPhone 4) and I'm certainly not seeing anything even remotely like that. Sounds like you have services or apps running in the background that shouldn't be. You might try a hard reset or power cycle, maybe re-apply the latest update. Something's not right there.

Specs:
    Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram 320gb. Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by boisseau View Post
    I updated my 4s phone to iOS 6.0.1. I now have major battery drain. Phone on stand you will die in 6 hours before upgrade would lasts over 24 hours. Is there anything I can do. Phone is 1 year old.
    I and my sons all have the 4s models and have the same issues, even with all apps closed. What a disappointment.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Please re-read my message. Understand that "background" means something that may not be all that obvious that it's running all the time, like Bluetooth or LTE. Are your phones jailbroken? That causes HUGE battery drain.

I'm not saying it *couldn't* be a defective battery, but I am saying that I'm skeptical of the claim "no apps running," since that's technically impossible if you include services, which of course are running all the time.

If you're sure it's really, truly not running any apps or unneeded services in the background, I'd suggest you take it in for a check. It's possible you have a defective battery, in which case it would be changed for you at no charge under warranty.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Im running 6.1 Beta 3 at the moment. Lets hope the boys at Apple have sorted something out if it is a bug. 6.1 could be just around the corner.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Have either of you (firesidedog & boisseau) done the hard reset as suggested?

I.e. holding sleep/wake & home button for 10-15 seconds until the screen blanks and the Apple symbol appears

I've got a 5, a 4s, two 4 and a 3GS on the family 'estate' - all running iOS 6.0.1 no battery life issues - all heavy users.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information