New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Siri Using Yahoo Search as Default?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

homey78

homey78 is on a distinguished road

I just started using Siri and I noticed how Yahoo search is the default when it does web searches for me?

Is this a new thing? When did it happen?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hi and welcome to the forums.

It is most probably that you have somehow changed the default Search Engine for Safari.
In Settings > Safari, you can choose your default search engine under “General,” between either Google (the one automatically chosen if you haven’t changed it), Yahoo or Bing. When you ask Siri simply to “Search for” something, it will use whichever search engine you have chosen in Settings.

BUT if need to you can just ask Siri to "search" Bing for . . . . . . .?

HTH

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
homey78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Hi and welcome to the forums.

It is most probably that you have somehow changed the default Search Engine for Safari.
In Settings > Safari, you can choose your default search engine under “General,” between either Google (the one automatically chosen if you haven’t changed it), Yahoo or Bing. When you ask Siri simply to “Search for” something, it will use whichever search engine you have chosen in Settings.

BUT if need to you can just ask Siri to "search" Bing for . . . . . . .?

HTH

Cheers
Thanks alot, but one thing I'm fairly certain of is that i did not change the setting. I was just more interested if Apple made Yahoo the opening default setting vs. Google or not. If they did that seems like a big deal.
QUOTE Thanks
homey78

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey78 View Post
Thanks alot, but one thing I'm fairly certain of is that i did not change the setting. I was just more interested if Apple made Yahoo the opening default setting vs. Google or not. If they did that seems like a big deal.
For full disclosure I just bought my iPhone 5 a few days ago and I was surprised at the Yahoo search.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey78 View Post
Not that i have heard of . . . Just enjoy your new device

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting up an iPhone email... | Big problem with ical events »