New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

So Frustrating... Why

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oo7ml

oo7ml is on a distinguished road

Hi, i just bought a new ipad (replaced my old one) and for some reason i can't seem to buy any apps on the app store.

I have just bought a new app on my iPhone but when i try to buy an app on my iPad it just keeps asking me for my password.

Some points to consider:

- I do not have my iPad or iPhone synced with iTunes (for reasons i won't go into) and i never had my previous iPad synced either.

- When i activated my new iPad, i downloaded all of the apps that i had previously on my older iPad, so i did not need to buy anything.

- I have just tried to download a free app and it downloads ok

- i have turned off the ipad and turned it back on

When i try to buy an app, i am first asked for the password and it says: VERIFICATION REQUIRED - Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue to sign in, then verify your payment info.

I first thought there might have been a problem with my credit card, but there is not, as i just bought an app on my iPhone

I have even tried resetting my password and then tested it on my iPhone by buying another app.

I have signed into the app store on my iPad using the new password but when i try to buy an app, it just keeps asking me to put in my password over and over... however if i put in a incorrect password it will tell me straight away that i have put in an incorrect password... but when i type in the real password it just keeps asking again and again for my password...

Can anyone provide any help on this please, not sure what the problem could be.... thanks in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Have been in and verified the card by enter the security code? or is it that stage you're struggling to access with the password loop?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
oo7ml

oo7ml is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks for the reply... yes i went in and entered the security code via my laptop... i can't figure it out.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

It needs entering on the device as it's new to the account - it's a security thing

Go to Settings - iTunes and App Stores. Touch your Apple ID at the top of the screen and sign out.

Restart the iPad and do the same but this time signing in. Then retry you purchase

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBooks Author app for iPad | Delete events from iPhone 4 »