Exclamation Location Services locates me in China!
    My iPod location service locates me in China, which makes the weather forecast a bit wrong for Eastern Ohio ;-) ( iOS 5.1.1 ) It works okay in the city but when I am in the country where the only wifi is in my house on the farm, it defaults to a remote place in China. Maybe that's where it was born and it wants to go back home?

I know I can turn it off, but then some applications refuse to run. Is there any way to set the default location in Location Services?

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Using just the WiFi for location tracking means it's done based on crowd sourced information. That is, they get a bunch of people reporting their location based on IP address and so on and track you down. If you are in a remote area with little crowd information, then the location tracking is entirely unreliable and will just show you random places..

Though, it's odd that even with just your IP address, it should at least put in the state of Ohio and not locate you in China..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information