Sync movies from home to iPad in hotel
    I have several .m4v movies that I want to sync from home to my wifes ipad that is out of state. She is connected to a high-speed WiFi in the hotel. Can this be done? iCloud, dropbox, iTunes, Google Drive?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I guess you could always email them to her as an attached file.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Perhaps I'm ignorant but other attempts to use the iPad like a laptop, download and open, failed so I'm under the impression I have to sync the movies with the iTunes library. Is that not accurate?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I've never tried it with a movie, but every other type of file I have emailed, when you try to open it you get a window asking what APP you would like to open it in. So, perhaps you are correct, I may try it to see if it works.

EDIT: I converted a movie to iPad format with Smart Converter Pro, but couldn't mail it because the file was too big. I may try Drop Box later, can't now as I have to sign off and cook dinner.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Normally, the OP would be right. You would need to sync the iPad to iTunes on the owner's computer to add movies, something they can't do at the moment.

Easiest, least-hassle workaround: rent the movie in question from iTunes. There are so other much more elaborate and time-consuming ways to send a movie to your wife, but seriously what's your time and effort worth?

Well these movies are kids movies that aren't on iTunes to rent. They were on the iPad until I synced the iPad with her profile on our laptop -- we didn't realize they were gone until it was too late. I'm going to try using the Google Drive app as we have plenty of space on google drive ... any elaborate suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Specs:
    Good luck.

The only advice I have is if format becomes an issue, Smart Converter Pro (believe I got it from the Mac APP Store for $5) does a pretty good and fast job.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    There are kids movies that aren't available on the iTunes Store? That's kind of surprising ...

Thread Information