New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

FaceTime on my 4s

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

I upgraded the iOS on my 4s. I've tried to FaceTime over cell network (AT&T) and it looks like its trying to connect (yes it's to another iPhone, mac or iPad - trying to FT my girlfriend). Everything seems to be working except, it won't connect.

Can I facetime over the cell network with my 4s or is that feature only available on theiphone 5?
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by afriqueart View Post
I upgraded the iOS on my 4s. I've tried to FaceTime over cell network (AT&T) and it looks like its trying to connect (yes it's to another iPhone, mac or iPad - trying to FT my girlfriend). Everything seems to be working except, it won't connect.

Can I facetime over the cell network with my 4s or is that feature only available on theiphone 5?
Thanks in advance.
AT&T requires you to be on a shared data plan in order to use FaceTime. Yes, it's lame and hopefully the FCC will nail them to the wall over this.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Berk

Berk will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S

Yep, I can do it on Verizon.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
AT&T requires you to be on a shared data plan in order to use FaceTime. Yes, it's lame and hopefully the FCC will nail them to the wall over this.
I hope they fine the ______ out of them its like a slap in the face with as long as i have been a customer for all of their services its my data that i pay a monthly fee for I don't need them telling me how to use it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 5 optimised apps on iPhone 4 | "TV Shows" not showing up on iPad 3? »