New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iCloud just won't sync some apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nxr

Nxr is on a distinguished road

Hello, for some reason some apps won't sync through iCloud either in my first gen iPad or iPhone 3GS. It's not a new thing with iOS 6, they've never synced.

These apps are Alien Blue and Tweetbot. I've tried everything I've thought of, which include reinstalling apps, logging with my associate iCloud mail instead, reintalling iOS, changing my password to the new requirements... and the only thing remaining is just buying a new device and log with my account without pulling backups or anything (I've already tried this with my old hardware without success).
iAWriter is able to sync without issues though, as do Notes, Passbook, etc.

My Apple ID is a google GAFYD account (so gmail with a custom domain), and my icloud mail is the me.com one the used to give in iOS 5. So I guess my question really is if maybe there's any issue with my addresses that may create a conflict with the iCloud sync API or whatever the developer of those apps did, or is something that has to do with the hardware? Could it me the @me.com instead of @icloud.com? I don't come from MobileMe anyway.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
sandman

sandman is on a distinguished road

From my reading, not all apps are supported by Icloud
5 Third-Party Apps That Work With iCloud | Mac|Life
is only of many sites that can help..
best
QUOTE Thanks
Nxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
From my reading, not all apps are supported by Icloud
5 Third-Party Apps That Work With iCloud | Mac|Life
is only of many sites that can help..
best
The ones I talk about obviously are Tweetbot has an option to sync the last tweet you read, and Alien Blue (a Reddit client) syncs the posts that you've read without having to toggle any option. It won't do it to me though.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

With issues related to only 2 apps and others are working, the problem is typically with the app itself.

From Tweetbot:

Quote:
Getting iCloud Sync to work properly can be tricky for some. Here are a few steps to make sure you have everything set up correctly:
tips - scroll down to the "What is iCloud Sync? How do I get it to work?" section.

Would guess the other one probably has some info in their help/Faq section also.

If you can't find those in forums using (or able to assist) with a particular app, it's often time to send off an email to their support team.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nxr

Hi bobtomay, already saw that FAQ, sadly it didn't help.

I was looking for people with similar unresolved issues, maybe related to the account mails I described before, more than supoort for those apps, so I can discard things before contacting them.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Only other thing I noticed is to make sure you've upgraded the iPad 1 to at least iOS 5.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Did you buy those apps using the same Apple ID as the one you are now using for iCloud? I'm not sure if that actually matters, but it may as well be looked into. You can verify what Apple ID it is was bought with via iTunes. Use Get Info on the apps in question.

Otherwise I have to agree it's probably the app. For example... I have Where's My Water? on my iPhone and on my iPad. They all use iCloud to sync the game data so my scores, progress, and achievements are carried over to each device. That worked fine for the original Swampy levels and the Cranky levels. But right now, the Lost levels and the Mystery Duck levels won't sync, and I have verified that syncing is enabled on both devices. I'm not entirely certain if this started when I updated my iPhone to iOS 6 (my 1st gen iPad is forever stuck on iOS 5), so that may be a factor here.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Nxr

Yes, both devices are updated (the phone to iOS6), but they never synced either way sinc iCloud came out Nd the apps started supporting it. And yes, I use only one Apple ID.

I guess it's the apps then, I may try formatting everything and setting up iCloud again or a new account to see if it's that and then contact the developer...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IO6 upgrade, now music will not sync to iPhone 4S???? | iOS 6 update 3GS, lost data signal? »