YouTube for iOS 6
    It no longer can play movies via video out. Or is there a way? This is a PAIN for me as I like to watch stuff on my TV.

Specs:
    MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
    And on iPhone4 (at least) you can't do airplay from the new YouTube app either - it only does audio out
    MacBookPro - 2.2 15" - Mac Mini - 2.5 2009 -MacPro Tower 2 x 3 Quad Core (Work) - iPhone 4 - iPad2, 2x Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    And on iPhone4 (at least) you can't do airplay from the new YouTube app either - it only does audio out
    Did you also complain? You need too.

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Quote Originally Posted by evangelist6589 View Post
    It no longer can play movies via video out. Or is there a way? This is a PAIN for me as I like to watch stuff on my TV.
    I use my Apple TV3 to watch You Tube and the iPhone to control the app saves the battery on the phone while allowing me to use other things plus there is always mirroring with the 4s and 5 on an ATV2/3 just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by osxx View Post
    I use my Apple TV3 to watch You Tube and the iPhone to control the app saves the battery on the phone while allowing me to use other things plus there is always mirroring with the 4s and 5 on an ATV2/3 just a thought.
    I use the Apple video out adaptor on a regular TV.

ios6 and Youtube
    I know that Apple will eventually fix the problems with iOS6 and Virginmedia but no Youtube video output means a couple of useless cables....
    Thanks......
    Maybe it's time for a move to Samsung (thought I'd never say that...........)

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm always a bit baffled when people say they watch a LOT of YouTube. It's a lovely service, but 95 percent of what's on there is complete and utter ... um, waste product.

But to fix the problem at hand. Have you tried Jasmine? I think it's a bit undercooked but I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I'm always a bit baffled when people say they watch a LOT of YouTube. It's a lovely service, but 95 percent of what's on there is complete and utter ... um, waste product.
    I guess we're both a bit old fashioned, because I happen to agree.....

Specs:
    MacBook Pro.
    Dito for me. I love Youtube and other streaming sites but I'll do that on my MacBookPro. I'm too old fashioned (and too old) to view streaming video on a little screen.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    To be clear, there is a lot of GREAT stuff on YouTube, but it's the needle-in-haystack aspect that I find cumbersome. Also, WAY WAY WAY too many people who think:

a. I'll just ad-lib this narration, and my voice doesn't sound awful anyway!
    b. Everyone will be interested in this very common and ordinary thing I just discovered, or perhaps I'll pretend I'm a tech reporter and waste time doing a lengthy video about something that will be old news before I'm even done editing!
    c. Sure I can get this in one take! This broadcasting stuff is easy, why do the pros exist and make so much money?

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    But to fix the problem at hand. Have you tried Jasmine? I think it's a bit undercooked but I see no reason why that wouldn't work.
    This is what i use, but only go on there if i need to find a certain thing. . . . .
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Just today a friend happened to show me YouPlayer, a free YouTube substitute for the iPad. So there ya go.

Thread Information