New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

So where is the new Facebook app?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

I thought IOS 6 had a new integrated app. I went into settings and updated my username etc and it said it was installed...but the only Facebook app I can find is the old one I had previously.

Confused...
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

It's not a separate app, you can share photos and other things from those apps directly to Facebook. So if you go the Camera Roll and then share a photo, you will see options like Twitter and Facebook there directly as opposed to going to the Facebook app and then attaching the photos.

For general access to Facebook posts you would still use the Facebook application..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Filletti

Filletti is on a distinguished road

What did you use as Username?

I am trying to log into the facebook from the iPhone Settings but i am getting the following error:
Error Signing In
Could not communicate with the server.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Facebook access is integrated in iOS 6. You're surfing in Safari and you see something you'd like to post to your wall. You can.

You're typing a tweet and decide you'd like to also post this to FB. You can.

You have a photo you've just edited in iPhoto for iOS. It's awesome. You can share it right from iPhoto.

That sort of thing.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Your login credentials should be the same as before. Nothing there should change. In my case, my username is my email address..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

If you are using the secure login feature of Facebook, then your normal password will not work. Once I entered my email and password it failed, and then I got my text from Facebook with a code to use in place of the password. This works the same way when logging in via OSX.

Do you have secure login turned on in Facebook?

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
Filletti

from where do i check that I have secure login?
QUOTE Thanks
Filletti

If you are referring for the following, no I don't have it enabled.

::
Require me to enter a security code each time an unrecognised computer or device tries to access my account
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filletti View Post
If you are referring for the following, no I don't have it enabled.

::
Require me to enter a security code each time an unrecognised computer or device tries to access my account
That is what I was referring to. I have it set so no device can get on without a code.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
Filletti

i tried also using the passcode generator but no luck are you sure that facebook integration is compatible with iPhone 4?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filletti View Post
i tried also using the passcode generator but no luck are you sure that facebook integration is compatible with iPhone 4?
Yes it is, I've done it.

QUOTE Thanks
Filletti

it seems that the problem is with my iPhone.. i have tried to log into with different accounts on my phone but still problem persists. then i managed to borrow another iPhone 4 and it worked like charm. I will do a restore tomorrow on my phone
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It's working perfectly on my iPhone 4.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do not disturb not working on iPhone 4/iOS6 | PLEASE HELP!! IPAD 3 Update Error »