New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS 6 update 3GS, lost data signal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stuerror

Stuerror is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Late 2011 2.2ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 128GB OCZ-VERTEX4 SSD, 500GB SATA HD

Hi
I just updated to iOS 6 and yes I've backup if Thai can't be sorted.
However, I try to connect to Internet using 3G and it says I have no Internet signal anymore when before I did... Wifi works fine still.
Can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
cutenerd

cutenerd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuerror View Post
Hi
I just updated to iOS 6 and yes I've backup if Thai can't be sorted.
However, I try to connect to Internet using 3G and it says I have no Internet signal anymore when before I did... Wifi works fine still.
Can anyone help?
I also cannot get mail or use safari using 3G. Wifi works fine.
Is this a bug??
QUOTE Thanks
w45

w45 is on a distinguished road

I have similar issues, I have a 4S and have noticed that since the upgrade the phones Wifi reception is worse. I can no longer get Wifi reception in places of the house I used to and I have noticed that the phones drops 3G reception and is very slow to reconnect, twice I have had to turn 3G on and off to get it to work.

The other problem I have noticed is that the phone does not seem to get picked up by itunes for Wifi synching and I have to manually reconnect the phone to get it to register in itunes.
QUOTE Thanks
BCRose

BCRose has a spectacular aura about

I am having similar issues with my 3Gs since upgrading. Battery life is less than 50% of what it was before update.
My wireless connectivity is much worse and Wifi is always tuning in and out in my home where it used to work flawlessly before the update.

I also have seen lagging in some apps and it takes forever to reboot. When it finally does it sticks at the lock screen for another 30 seconds before it becomes active. Frustrating to say the least.

I cannot be the only one, others must have issues like this. All I did was update a perfectly working phone and now it is useless as I am out in the field all day, My phone has died every day at around noon since the update, the battery was at least 50% at the end of the day previously.

Cheers,
BCRose
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have had no connection nor syncing issues and my battery life is around 50% better. 3 days using it very little still at 50%. It used to be at 20% by the end of one day.

3GS.
QUOTE Thanks
BCRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I have had no connection nor syncing issues and my battery life is around 50% better. 3 days using it very little still at 50%. It used to be at 20% by the end of one day.

3GS.
Dang. I wonder what happened to mine??

Cheers,
BCRose
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I wish I could help but don't know what is going on. I have read many with the same results as me and some that said nothing changed. Not sure what is up but will check around.
QUOTE Thanks
BCRose

I have put in a support request to Apple but thought I would check here to see how it went with others.

Cheers,
BCRose
QUOTE Thanks
BCRose

After searching Google for similar issues I found that simply RESETING my phone solved the battery issue.

Cheers,
BCRose
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCloud just won't sync some apps | New York Post Application for iPad »