Photostream does not sync all photos to iPhone and iPad
    I have deleted some photos from the Photostream on my iMac leaving only photos taken with my iPhone from May this year.
    The Photostream on both phone and ipad only displays about 50% of these, nothing before August.
    How do I get them all to sync? I have disabled and re-enabled Photostream on both devices and the iMac to no effect.

Photostream is only a temporary way to share your photos. There's a limit of 30 days from the time they are taken until they are auto-removed. I believe there is also a limit of 1000 photos, so if you hit that before the 30 days are up, then they are removed earlier.

To properly sync your photos, put them in iPhoto and sync that event/album to your iPhone/iPad.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Photostream is only a temporary way to share your photos. There's a limit of 30 days from the time they are taken until they are auto-removed. I believe there is also a limit of 1000 photos, so if you hit that before the 30 days are up, then they are removed earlier.

To properly sync your photos, put them in iPhoto and sync that event/album to your iPhone/iPad.
    Thanks, I didn't realise you could sync photos using iTunes.

Thread Information