New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Downloading powerpoints onto iPad from the web

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

doctaylor

doctaylor is on a distinguished road

The title pretty much says it all. I'm a first year medical student and most of my professors post their notes online as powerpoints for us to download. I recently purchased Documents to go so that I could take notes on their powerpoints during lecture. The only problem is I can't download the powerpoints from Safari, it just opens them up in a new window. I know how to put their lecture notes on my iPad from my computer, through cloud services, or through iTunes, but a lot of my professors post notes right before class and I don't have the chance to put them on my iPad. Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to download powerpoints from the web and then transfer them to Documents to go for editing? I would greatly appreciate any help as I have already spent an entire day trying to find a solution.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

This may not be a very elegant way but it works for me:

Download and install the free Dropbox application both on your Mac and the iPad. The free version gives you 2 GB of storage. Afterward, download the Powerpoint documents using Safari or whatever browser you choose to your Mac. Drag the Powerpoint documents you downloaded to your Dropbox folder on the Mac. They will then be available to your iPad from the Dropbox folder on your iPad.

From there you can edit, save, with whatever iOS application you have that is compatible with MS Powerpoint. I personally use QuickOffice Pro or OfficeHD.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone calendar wiped | Buttons are not visible in web »