New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

I think my account's been hacked

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SFBloodBrother

SFBloodBrother is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

hi

Yesterday I got an Email saying that my credit card, shipping address, and phone number was changed, but however, I didn't change them. Someone else did, and nobody else knows my password. The address was changed to somewhere in california, and the credit card was not mine.
There was a 2 purchase's made on the account, for some game (Kingdoms of Camelot: Battle of the North, 365 Gems). $29.99 Each = $59.98 Total. I did not purchase this game. Someone must have got in my account and made the purchase. From the Emails that Apple sends, there is no warning thing that says something like "if you didn't purchase this game, go here".

The credit card was on another one, not mine, but still I don't want to be charged $59.98 for a game I don't want. From the looks of it, no purchase was made on my debit card, but face of the matter is being is that someone else got into my account, and now I trust Apple much less now with my account.

What I want to do is remove my debit card from iTunes, because I never buy anything anyway, just to be safe. But Apple doesn't let that happen. What can I do so nobody can get into my account again?

I all ready changed my password
Changed my information back to what is mine (Debit card, shipping information, phone number)

Is there anything else I can do?

And just a BQ question. If there was a purchase made that I didn't make, is it possible to get my money back from Apple? Or will I be screwed?
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

I have my account setup with only loaded Itunes cards there should be a none option under my account in Itunes

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
SFBloodBrother

SFBloodBrother is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramimac1 View Post
I have my account setup with only loaded Itunes cards there should be a none option under my account in Itunes
No, when changing billion info, I don't see a "None" option. Is there another way to remove my Debit card? Or do I need iTunes cards to do that?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Advise your financial institution immediately to cancel payment.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Are you absolutely sure that the email came from Apple? The first thing I thought when you said that you received an email was "oh boy, it's likely a phishing scam, trying to look like an email from Apple". I sure hope you didn't click on a link in the email? Did you go to iTunes and see what the story was directly from there?

Doug

P.S. What I'd suggest as well, is to purchase one of those pre-paid credit cards, that you can get from just about anywhere. This way you fulfil having a CC on file, and then you can simply use an iTunes/App Store gift card as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to retrieve purchased apps ? | iphone problem »